TENAGA Nasional's Amin Rahim (pic) has regained his form and the penalty corner specialist will be out to destroy Sapura in the Malaysian Hockey League (MHL)-TNB Cup semi-final first leg encounter at the KLHA Stadium in Kuala Lumpur today.
"I was struggling with my conversion rate and it proved costly for my team in the MHL. I did not have the confidence then but after scoring two goals in my team's 5-3 aggregate quarter-final win over National Juniors, I feel I have regained my touch," said Amin yesterday.
Tenaga beat Sapura 3-1 on aggregate in last year's TNB Cup semi-finals en route to winning the title.
Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see if the Sapura players will be ready for the first leg encounter after having lost five days of training when competing in last week's Asia Indoor Championships in Ipoh.
In the other semi-final, Ernst & Young, who have 17 national players in their squad, are the overwhelming favourites against Maybank.
Today's fixtures (S-finals, 1st leg): Maybank v Ernst & Young (Seremban 2 Stadium, 5pm), Tenaga Nasional v Sapura (KLHA Stadium, Pantai, 8pm). -- AJITPAL SINGH
NST
Comments
Post a Comment