JOHOR BAHARU, Dec 9 (Bernama) -- Tunku Majid Sultan Iskandar is not seeking re-election as president of the Malaysian Golf Association (MGA) when his term of office expires in May.
But even as he makes his announcement in Kuala Lumpur today, his fellow MGA members passed a vote of no-confidence against his leadership during an extraordinary general meeting (EGM), a couple of hours later.
The disgruntled members have expressed dissatifaction over the manner in which he had guided the association and the certain decisions he had made in his tenure since taking office in May, last year.
But Tunku Majid, who is also president of the Johor Hockey Association, dismissed the motion of no-confidence as a sign of a hidden agenda against him.
"What crimes have I committed against the MGA. If I had, then they have every right to kick me out.
"In any case, the EGM called, is unconstitutional," added Tunku Majid.
He explained that he was calling the press conference today to confirm his decision not to defend his presidency at the association's AGM in five months' time.
"But I am ready to serve the MGA in anyway I can, with the incoming president, as I am still the president of the Johor Golf Association," he said.
However, at the EGM held at the Bukit Jalil Golf Club in Kuala Lumpur, the members present went ahead and voted on the resolution to pass a vote of no-confidence against Tunku Majid.
And the score reads: 129 for; 33 against and two abstained.
MGA vice-president Datuk Robin Loh, who chaired the EGM, later said that the majority of the members were frustrated with Tunku Majid's behaviour and conduct.
"He was a one-man show and whatever decisions he made, he never consulted the executive committee," he said.
He added that the MGA would hold a special meeting in a few days' time to elect a new acting president and that things would function normally at the MGA.
-- BERNAMA
Saya setuju. We are working on more coaches! “ @ManOlimpik : Malaysian junior athletes are just too ‘lembik’ http://t.co/7D7wmHWaNy ” — Khairy Jamaluddin (@Khairykj) June 10, 2014 The benchmark. Can our junior athletes train as hard as Malaysia's world No.1 badminton player, Lee Chong Wei? “IT IS okay lah. The training is not too bad lah. I will try lah … Wah, so hard lah today.” These are some of the common statements I hear from our juniors nowadays. It is not only in badminton. It is the easy-going, laid-back attitude and lack of competitiveness at grassroots level that we have problems producing quality players. I have travelled quite a bit. After ending my decade-long career with the national team, I went to play in the league in Europe. It’s different there. The European athletes know what they want. And they do it with real focus. Even the young ones possess admirable self-control and show a high level of commitment. During my time in the ...
Comments
Post a Comment